Thursday 23 January 2014

Welcome!!!

  This is my second film review blog dedicated to American (USA and Canada) movies. Whether they are black and white and from the 1920s, or Big Budget blockbusters from the 2010s. America has always been at the forefront of films. The introduction of sound, westerns, gangsters, superhero movies. America has created all these genres. More specifically Hollywood. I find the problem nowadays, is that film making is too much about the money, that all sense of creative input is lost in favour of trashy formulas (Romcoms, Nicolas Cage's newer bad movies). America has squeezed out quite a few turds in it's time as well (Adam Sandler movies). They invented their own award ceremony, The Academy Awards, which is the biggest and well-known award ceremony in the world, if not always correct (Gigi). I watch the Nominnes each year, so expect reviews from them.
 The toughest thing about this blog, is deciding whether a film is American or not... A film could be set in England, funded and directed by Americans. So, if the odd non-American film made in the English language pops up here, DEAL WITH IT. :)




  Of course I prefer Foreign films (see my other blog) but I still like American films, even if they are more about the Entertainment and the money, rather than the Art.


Americans... They can be some of the most obnoxious, violent and annoying people on the planet. 
They are the most obese country on the planet, and created the monstrous Nicki Minaj, but Damn have they made some good movies. Join me, as I review the best, worst, old and new, as I discover them.

LETS GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment